Welcome to Anaesthetic Care !
Anaesthetic Care was established by a small group of Sydney based private hospital anaesthetists who identified the need to improve the efficiency and convenience for both patients and anaesthetists during the pre-operative planning stage. Proper pre-operative preparation by both the patient and the anaesthetist is highly critical in minimising the risks associated with any operation, yet it is often a stage that produces the most inconvenience, inefficiency and lack of information for both the patient and the anaesthetist.
Examples of such situations include:
- Phoning patients at an inconvenient time resulting in an incomplete health assessment and frustrated patients;
- Reluctantly ringing patients at night for those who could not be contacted during the day;
- Missing patients’ phone calls to discuss their concerns, which could partially have been alleviated if alternative messaging options were available;
- Spending too much time on phone calls which could be better utilised in planning;
- Having difficulties in reading medical records handwritten by oneself or personal assistants;
- Not providing patients with sufficient information on anaesthetics and on patient obligations prior to their operation due to timing constraints;
- Not sufficiently initiating IFC and providing fee quotations;
Anaesthetic Care attempts to solve all of the above. It is a one-stop portal that provides convenience, efficiency, and better communication for both patients and anaesthetists. Anaesthetic Care provides:
- General background information on anaesthetics for patients to read and prepare for the operation;
- Pre-operative e-questionnaire which can be filled in by patients, and reviewed by anaesthetists, both at their own convenient time;
- Provide to the patient background information on anaesthetist’s fees as well as opportunity to request a quote;
- Patient experience surveys for patients to fill in anonymously after their operation;
- Messaging system that enables patients to contact their anaesthetist at any time;
- Provides a platform for patients to pay online or on any mobile device.
Anaesthetic Care aims to become the online solution for pre-operative planning by helping anaesthetists move into the digital era. If you are an anaesthetist, using Anaesthetic Care not only provides convenience and efficiency, but you will also observe:
- More detailed responses from the patients to the e-questionnaire than through phone calls;
- A quicker review and response time, and hence your provision of medical advice;
- Greater understanding and appreciation of anaesthetics and anaesthetists by the patients resulting in better pre-operative preparation by the patient;
- Higher participation rate for requesting fee quotes;
- Increased responses to patient experience feedback for CPD purposes;
- and most importantly, zero frustrated patients.
If you are an anaesthetist, you can find more information about how to join here.
You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post at:Anaesthetic Care
PO BOX 7235
Alexandria NSW 2015
If you have any feedback or suggestions for this website, you may contact us here.